Microsoft’s Xbox One reveal on Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013 was greeted to a mixed reaction from gamers, though one of the main criticisms was the lack of games on display. Despite the news that 15 exclusives titles were in development for the next generation console, no information is known about any of them. Nonetheless, Microsoft is set to reveal details of a number of upcoming Xbox One titles at their E3 conference later today, but which titles could we be seeing?
1. Crackdown 3 Developed by Ruffian Games, the Crackdown series has been received well by press and gamers alike. It has been three years since the last instalment in the series, Crackdown 2 (which released in 2010) so could we be seeing another soon? A number of rumours circulating on the Internet have suggested that this is a title we could be seeing at Microsoft’s E3 conference or is that just wishful thinking from games? Fingers crossed that it’s the latter.
2. Mirror’s Edge 2 While not officially confirmed, it would be very surprising not to see Mirror’s Edge 2 at some point during the annual video game conference. The game’s developer DICE promises “surprises” at the conference and the game’s publisher EA has a page on their website with support for the title. It’s almost guaranteed we’ll see a Mirror’s Edge sequel at E3, five years after the original game’s release.
3. Dead Rising 3 Following Dead Rising 2’s release in 2010, two Xbox Live Arcade titles were released to whet the appetite of gamers who enjoy killing zombies with items found in an everyday shopping mall. Nevertheless, there has not been any word on a third title in the series. Could this be a surprise announcement at E3?
4. Halo 5 It’s hard to imagine a Microsoft conference without Halo being mentioned at least once. With Halo: Spartan Assault already announced for Windows 8 devices, a retail release to go alongside it looks likely. Rumours have suggested that Halo 5 could be a potential launch title for Xbox One. While not guaranteed to appear, this is most definitely a likely bet.
5. Fable Similarly to Halo, Fable has made frequent appearances during Microsoft’s E3 conferences. A remake of the original Fable has already been announced by developer Lionhead Studios, though do they have another surprise up their sleeve? Let’s not forget that Microsoft announced that eight new IPs are inbound, all of which are exclusive to the Xbox One. Hopefully we see a glimpse of these. There may even be a few surprises in store. Microsoft’s E3 conference takes place at 5:30pm GMT. [Originally posted on Console Monster]